Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blog Post 3

Peer Editing


So the videos and slideshow were very useful to help give me a better understanding to be a more efficient peer editor. I it easier to focus on one paragraph at a time. though this may take a while longer, I feel as if it may help and prevent more errors in my peers papers. There is no trick but it is good to use common courtesy when editing. this is not to say that I am to not care or be soft with my peer. All suggestions and corrections can be supported by what I really liked or found interesting in the paper.

Though it should be common knowledge, it is a good reminder for both parties to stay focused on the task at hand instead of the others around them or rushing through just to finish early and be done with the assignment. Insulting or berating my peers paper would not only hurt them by making them not want to do any more assignments or so forth, it will also degrade my integrity and credibility.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Orlando,
    Great Post! When I first started taking this class I was on the defensive about people criticizing my work. Some things were very negative and I was like "Wow" did they really just say that? But I realize now it makes me strive harder to produce better work. By other classmates critiquing my work it helps me to correct my mistakes so I will not make them again. Nobody is expected to know everything unless we are taught new things.

    Here are some tips that helped me in this class, I have someone proofread all of my writings for this class (it really makes a difference). Make sure you capitalize your letter when starting a new sentence. Good Luck in EDM310!! :)

    ReplyDelete