Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog Post 1

If I Build A School

I want my students to know the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. this does not mean that they have to be in top performance shape on a daily basis for no reason. Hopefully, this can help turn around the statistics in the world of obesity, diabetes, and other harmful affects on the world. In general, I hope for my students to be able to take care of themselves and others in some sort of emergency. Teaching students to be healthy will be taught online for statistics and safe and effect methods of a healthy lifestyle, but the rest of the learning will be hands on; forcing the students to be active physically and watching what they eat. As far as tools in my classroom, the tools will be the students themselves and the food. Every student will present their ideas and helpful tips to live a healthier life that everyone can learn from and try out themselves. A lot of time would be spent outside as to feel like a childhood recess time with lunch included.

Randy Pausch

I find that it may be much easier to start making To Do lists for me as far as homework because i am a very big procrastinator. When it comes to Academics, I am definitely placed in the slower learning group. working with my hands has always been easier for me instead of being a visual or auditory learner.

Optional

I think that concentrating on one thing at a time may be very useful and a different approach to how I live on a Day to Day basis and take everything at once. it would help to relieve the pressure of being overwhelmed and actually feel like I'm making progress. doing one more task before I go to bed to make the next day go by easier would also be a big help and slowly knock off tasks that can be done. doing the bigger and harder tasks first would make everything else just fall into place and finish faster. Things that would also help would be to have some sort of daily or weekly planner to help manage time easier.

2 comments:

  1. "...and other harmful affects on the world." affects is not the right word here. Perhaps aspects of?

    "...and watching what they eat." How will this be hands-on?

    "...will present their ideas" Will they use technology in doing so?

    "doing one more task..." Start all sentences with a capital letter.THis also applies to the next sentence: "doing the bigger and..."

    Proofread. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want the students to be healthy, maybe you should look into using more tools in the classroom, other than just students and food. You could use tools, such as, exercise equipment, videos on healthy life styles and the diseases that come with being unhealthy, technology (like iPads and pedometers) that allow the students to customize an exercise plan suited to their needs, and possibly staffing a nutritionist to help the students who do not eat right. I like your idea of outside time where you feel like a kid again. You want the students to have fun getting exercise, not make it feel like work!

    ReplyDelete